Prof. Dr. med. Jost Kaufmann
- Professorship for Pediatric Anesthesiology at the Faculty of Health of Witten/Herdecke University
- Senior physician in pediatric anesthesia and endoscopy at the Children’s Hospital of the City of Cologne Clinics
- From 1997-2008 at the University Hospital Cologne in anesthesia and pediatrics
- Specialist in pediatrics and adolescent medicine, specialist in anesthesiology, emergency medicine, neonatal emergency physician (GNPI)
- For many years, part-time work as an emergency physician on behalf of the Cologne Fire Department in the ground-based rescue service and for the ADAC on the intensive care transport and rescue helicopter Christoph Rheinland
- Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Pediatric Anesthesia
- Reviewer for a total of 45 international medical journals
- “Rudolf Frey Award for Emergency Medicine” 2021 of the DGAI in appreciation of dedication to anesthesiology research.
- Winner of the 2012 FINANCIAL TIMES DEUTSCHLAND “Healthcare Industry Ideas Park” award
- “Commission for Drug Therapy Safety in Childhood – KASK” of the DGKJ.
- “Commission for Medicinal Products for Children and Adolescents – KAKJ” of the BfArM
Prof. Dr. Jost Kaufmann is the initiator and coordinator of the AMWF S2k guidelines “Medication Safety in Pediatric Anesthesia” and “Medication Safety in Pediatric Emergencies”, which – like the ERC guidelines – now explicitly recommend the principle of the pediatric emergency ruler (length-based estimation and calculated medications).