The PedNFL/PedOP offers the following proven performance characteristics, as scientifically presented under Studies & Guidelines:
- Most reliable method to estimate the unknown weight of a child.
- “Automatic” avoidance of overdose in obese children by estimating normal weight (the recommended reference size here).
- Information on drug preparation or dilution where necessary.
- Information on doses by weight (in mg or µg) and volumes to be administered (in ml), without the need for calculations. This is where most threatening errors take place, so they can be safely avoided.
- Reliable estimation of the correct size of an endotracheal tube (breathing tube) as well as the insertion depth for nasal and oral placement.
- Details of fit equipment such as ventilation mask, laryngeal mask, Guedel tube, intubation spatula and defibrillator setting.
- Information on age-appropriate standard values (e.g., heart rate, blood pressure, blood glucose level, respiratory volume, and respiratory minute volume).